CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wet dreams...

No, it's not what you were thinking!

Has any of you (meaning the 4-legged creatures) had an "accident" while dreaming? Last night Bosley was in a deep sleep and we were all playing clue. We heard water running... Do you hear? What's that? Is that water? B-O-S-L-E-Y!!!! He had no idea. His eyes were rolled back in his head, he was in la-la land chasin' rabbits. In fact, we all had to yell his name multiple times before he woke up and once he did he was in a total state of confusion. Kinda like when your kid wakes you up at 3 am but you think the knocking at the door is coming from the dream you were just having... Once he got up, he did not understand what had happened, why he was wet or why we were yelling. Does this happen often?

7 comments:

Life With Dogs said...

I have never heard of this before. If he was in his teens I'd say it was not quite a rabbit he was chasing.... ;)

Samantha: said...

Was Bosley totally "there" when he got up? I had a really, really bad experience about a year and a half ago that sounds like this. Just three months after I found my forever home, Dad took me on a hike above our house on a ridge. Dogs can go there in our county's Open Space with no leash. I happened to find something in the weeds while I was chasing the kong Dad threw for me. I didn't know what it was, so I ate it. About three hours later, I laid back, eyes rolling and peed myself bigtime. Then I lost total control of myself and my body. Next thing I know, I'm at the emerg. vet's on a Sunday evening. He told my HM and HD that I'd ingested - ready? - marijuana - the vet was totally certain - he apparently sees it about five or six times a week. It's so easy for us dogs offleash to get at it if it's around. There's a high school right near the open space and a private girl's high school on the other side of the ridge. My peeps were horrified and scared, but I was getting a little better by that time. The vet said I'd be all well by the time morning came. I just needed rest. And I was better, but it was pretty frightening. I think my peeps were really freaked out. Watch carefully what you dogpals scarf up in the weeds, woods, or wherever you are offleash, because Dad didn't even SEE that I'd gotten something in my mouth (I'm FAST!!! hehe). My peeps are brutally strict with me and my mouth these days.
Love,
Sammie
PS - This stuff is BAD, BAD, BAD.
But it doesn't sound like what you, Bosley, had. My HM is almost embarrassed to post this response, but it might help somebody out there be prevented from scarfing this stuff in the great outdoors.
Samantha

Kris10 said...

Well I think I'm safe to say he didn't get into any "funny grass" but what a story you have!

Mason Dixie said...

No I have never heard of that happening, that must have been some dream.

Hebnix said...

My buddy Zues had that happen once... he was dreaming as well, although he was very much older when it happened to him.
We actually had alot of trouble with him wanting to mark his territory, when our humans first moved us in together. But they got him "snipped" and about 2 weeks later he stopped.
That may not be good news for you, but maybe it will scare you dry. - - - Tequillajane

Stephen said...

Slightly off the topic, but still relevant, if not hilarious. My friends were on a car ferry with their two Greyhounds when the male proceeded to stand up and urinate in the van. Mary is frantic yelling, "What do I do?", to which, Stephen says, "Pinch it off!".

Mary - "You can do that?"..."OMG, it works!"

Edie and Gus said...

We have 3 hounds, and have not had this happen. Mind you, they have peed EVERYWHERE while awake, but not while asleep (yet). I would call the vet and ask about it. I wonder if it could signal the beginning of a urinary tract infection?

Good luck!
Pats to the pups,
Edie & Gus