CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Bath Time


As I saw on a few blogs, this weekend was a popular time for doggie baths. Abbey and Bosley are having a hard time this winter with dry skin. We were using oatmeal shampoo but that didn't seem to help. We bought some new shampoo that is medicated with aloe and got all lathered up. It worked well, pertaining to the itching, buy now they smell like sulphur (one of the ingredients). Don't know what is worse, stinky dogs or sulfur dogs... I have also have been giving them a teaspoon of fish oil every morning and Abbey takes Hip & joint vitamins. And we do run the humidifier at night.

Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Chester said...

Well..... Mom just on Saturday got me some Lipiderm to toss with my food. She got it where she buys dog food. She said it is micellized or something like that which means it absorbs into me faster. I got the flakies too right now and this is supposed to help but it's gonna take 30 days or so. It tastes Ok and I make sure I get every drop, ('course I did before too) but just want to let you know it's not nasty tastin'. I'll be curious to know if any of your other friends have ever tried it and how it worked for them. Chester

Hebnix said...

I don't usually have too much trouble with the flakes, but my brother did, and mom used a shampoo on him with Tea Tree Oil in it and it worked really well. Made her fingers tingly and smelled a bit like licorice, but it really helped the ichies! Maybe it will work for you guys... - Tequillajane